About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
This role will be a member of the team performing Uncleared Margin Requirements (UMR) Initial Margin (IM)Pre-Calculation (Pre-Calc) validation, as well as involving in ad-hoc projects on data analysis and solution prototyping in Python.
UMR Initial Margin Pre-Calculation Validation
- Review the risk sensitivities data in Zinc and monitoring the Zinc control reports. Ensure risk inputs into IM model are correct each day.
- Where errors are identified, overrides and adjustments will be made as deemed appropriate by the team to ensure correct initial margin numbers are used in the daily margin calls.
- Communicate any internal issues to the Tech team and work with them to resolve these issues.
- Work with technology teams to guide Initial Margin reporting and control requirements
- Ad-hoc Projects
- Analyze unstructured trade transaction data and evaluate business requirement.
- At least 2 years of Banking or Financial Institution working experience, either in Technology or Risk Support Functions.
- Python programming is essential for this role. Experience in Data Visualization is preferred
- Advanced quantitative/problem solving skills
- In depth product experience and knowledge of financial instruments accounting and transaction lifecycle is critical
- Some project management experience is a plus
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Learn more about this role