About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Background: TAs lead engagement and resolution of large events, which are incident or multiple incidents that are significant in scope and impact. TAs are subject matter experts in Network Services technologies and provide leadership and strategic/tactical direction related to the successful resolution of a network incident. Provides key leadership on troubleshooting bridges and demonstrates a wide awareness of various Network and Client technologies that could be engaged to achieve event and incident resolution. Actions include directing technical staff, further engagement of additional resources, and additional escalations of suppliers and carriers. Works with other teams including OAs, Architecture & Engineering, regional stakeholders, and suppliers to identify root cause of critical event issues and implement restoration activities, including participation on Change Management bridges.
- Advanced Network Support for Events and Incidents across the BoA network
- Proactive monitoring of the BoA network and the creation/validation of healthcheck and status updates.
- Guides troubleshooting to provide effective and rapid response, triaging and restoration
- Provides hands-on troubleshooting to assist our vendor partners
- Review and support of Change Requests and Restoral actions.
- Oversight of vendor partners including enforcement compliance with supplier
- Post-incident root cause analysis and service improvement activities.
- Ensures stability of the post restoration environment in coordination with the LOB
- Develop and/or maintain necessary incident management and communication reports
- Follows documented Network Center standards and procedures
- Demonstrates effective “Command and Control” of the triage bridge for troubleshooting efforts on a large incident or multiple incidents that are significant in scope and impact.
- Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction related to the successful resolution of a network incident along with any available workarounds.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Operations role
- Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting at least 2 of the following technologies:
- Hardware load balancing and load balancer services architectures/technologies: F5 BigIP/LTM/GTM/APM/3DNS, iRules and AVI Loadbalancers.
- BlueCoat Proxy, FireEye, Radware, Vontu, IDS/IPS technologies
- DDI/AAA: Akamai eDNS Cloud 2nd Name Servers, Domain Registrar, DNS SEC, DNS ANYCAST, IPAM DNS Organisations and zone administration, Aruba TACACS, Bluecat DDI.
- Juniper SRX and NS platforms using JUNOS / SCREENOS
- Checkpoint and Nokia IP platforms
- Fortinet Firewall platforms
- Database Monitoring (Guardium, Imperva, StealthAudit)
- Operational experience being able to troubleshoot complex network security and routing issues in a large multi-vendor environment.
- Knowledge of networking communication principles, network standards, and network security practices.
- Excellent knowledge of core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, HTTP).
- Knowledge of network monitoring and administration tools (NSM, SmartManager, NNMi, AppViewX, SEVONE, HPNA, Splunk, ThousandEyes)
- Must be able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment while balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations
- Ability to manage client escalations and negotiate resolution
- Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes
- Ability to make quick decisions and comfortable escalating to management when required.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of Market Data delivery networks using both TCP and UDP multicast.
- Experience in network analytics through packet capture analysis and end system diagnostics (Netscout)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco WAAS Products
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting full suite of Cisco switches and routers – IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XR
- Understanding of common network technologies, including TCP/IP, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, SNMP, NAT, Multicast, Sub-netting, Ethernet, Access-lists.
- Understanding of at least 2 of the following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS.
- Previous experience with the Bank in an IT capacity considered a plus.
Learn more about this role