The Global Currencies group is a growing ambitious organisation, which is involved in the marketing and trading of a full range of FX instruments. The IT group that supports this multi-region business is part of a global team based in Singapore, London and the U.S. This role is based in Chicago working in the Institutional eFX technology team.
- Developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals
- codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces
- ensures that software is developed to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements
- Participates team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas
- Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
- Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements
- Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work
- Executes and Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance)
- Analyses test reports, identifies any test issues/errors, triages the underlying causes
- Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality.
- Participates, contributes in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes.
- Adheres to team delivery/release process and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release
- Automates manual release activities
Responsible for developing and delivering software to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional and non-functional requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and is aware of the development practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Understands and utilizes basic architecture components in solution development. Codes solution and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria. Executes automated test suites (integration, regression, performance); collects results and flags issues. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Adheres to team delivery/release process and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release. Individual contributor.
- Exceptional development skills in Java on Linux/UNIX
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continues integration
- Solid OO design skills with an emphasis on distributed low latency, high availability systems, including algorithmic execution engines, CEP, trade & order lifecycle management, pricing and risk management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment
- Must possess a solid degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree
- Strong multi-threading skills
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Experience in TCP/IP networking and sockets programming
- Experience with JVM tuning and garbage collection algorithms
- Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
- Experience in 3rd line production support.
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
- Experience working in a front office e-trading platform development team
- Experience with Google Guava framework
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience working with global development teams
- Experience with FIX protocol
- KDB+/Q development skills
- Python development skills
- C++ development skills
- Electronic trading application development skills
Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role