Bank of America’s Quantitative Finance Group is seeking a Programmer to join our team. The analyst must be a self-starter with strong programming skills who is comfortable working hands-on with market data, solving problems, and writing production code on a massively parallel Linux cluster. The analyst will work with a team that is responsible for design and implementation of nightly forecast processes that are of critical importance to both the Treasury group and Bank of America as a whole. These include NII, MSR, AFS Hedge valuation, Volcker Reporting, Intraday Liquidity analytics, Balance Sheet Management and other Risk functions.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Computer Science Degree or similar experience
· Experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems
· Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc
· Experience with traditional SQL or distributed databases such as Oracle/MS SQL or Vertica.
· Strong desire to learn and adopt new technologies.
· Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment
· Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
· Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving
· Analytical skills, critical thinking and a strong desire to learn
· Experience working with big data projects with tools like Hadoop, Spark, HBase, MapReduce, etc
· Understanding of economics and financial markets, especially with Mortgages
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role