Bank of America’s Quantitative Finance Group is seeking a Quantitative Finance Analyst to join our team. The analyst must be a self-starter with strong programming skills who is comfortable working hands-on with market data, solving problems, and writing production code on a massively parallel Linux cluster. The analyst will work with a team that is responsible for design and implementation of nightly forecast processes that are of critical importance to both the Treasury group and Bank of America as a whole. These include NII, MSR, AFS Hedge valuation, Volcker Reporting, Intraday Liquidity analytics, Balance Sheet Management and other Risk functions.
- Computer Science Degree or similar experience
- Experience with traditional SQL or distributed databases such as Oracle/MS SQL or Vertica
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX software development in languages such as Perl/Python
- Hands on experience coding in Perl/Python.
- Experience with SQL, including writing complex queries, stored procedures, joins, etc.
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc
- Strong desire to learn and adopt new technologies
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving
- Analytical skills, critical thinking and a strong desire to learn
- Experience working with big data projects with tools like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc
- Understanding of Business Intelligence solutions, preferably with hands-on experience in Tableau or similar tools
- Understanding of economics and financial markets, especially with Mortgage
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role