An Associate Wealth Strategist in Wealth Planning Solutions (WPS) answers a client’s estate and financial planning questions by performing a variety of analyses and then creating specific recommendations for the client based on those analyses. In most cases, the Associate Wealth Strategist will assist a Wealth Strategist.
- Work with a Wealth Strategist to gather data, analyze data and develop recommendations
- Manage a client engagement from start to finish without assistance from a Wealth Strategist
- Gather financial data from a variety of sources (Customers, Private Client Advisors - PCAs, Private Client Managers - PCMs, Portfolio Managers - PMs, etc.)
- Review, analyze and flowchart estate planning instruments
- Prepare and analyze balance sheets, financial projections and transfer tax illustrations
- Create final version of client letter
- Research issues related to estate and financial planning including: effectiveness of estate tax savings strategies, charitable planning, retirement planning and investment issues
- Assist in developing and executing marketing and sales efforts, including speaking at seminars and writing articles for publication
- Mentor and/or supervise Wealth Strategy Analyst(s)
Areas of Competency
- Client Skills: Determine client’s goals and objectives by asking the appropriate questions. Match planning strategies to the client’s circumstances. Explain the Wealth Strategies output to internal and external clients. Help clients understand their planning options. Work with clients without any supervision.
- Financial Planning Skills: Basic understanding of a wide range of subject matters including income taxation, stock options, insurance, investments and cash flow modeling. Advanced understanding of one or more of the preceding subject matters.
- Estate Planning Skills: Advanced understanding of the transfer tax system and core tax savings strategies such as annual gifts and GST trusts. Intermediate understanding of charitable and non-charitable split interest trusts (CRTs, CLTs, GRATs, QPRTs).
- Software Skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Various WPS stochastic models. WealthMaster.
- Administrative Skills: Delegate effectively to Wealth Strategy Analysts.
- Minimum four to six plus years of planning-related work experience plus JD, CPA, CFA or CFP required;
- Minimum six years planning-related work experience plus enrollment in any of the aforementioned degree/certification programs
- MST, MBA, LLM in Taxation, etc. (or progress thereto) a plus
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role