About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
The Data Center Operations role is responsible for a broad range of Datacenter operation duties including providing data center support, vendor oversight, interaction with different teams, vendors and consultants for Data center related activities and projects for the APAC technology rooms listed in the Hosting Location Database. The person will be responsible for managing the end-to-end Data Center Services (DCS) requests, reporting to the APAC Head of Data Center Services. This individual will need to have strong technical knowledge with hands-on field experience in Data Center facility management and operations in the following areas: technology hardware / infrastructure design and architecture, demand and capacity planning and data center environment management.
- Manage the daily operations of Data center facilities, i.e. but not limited to, Inventory Management, demand capacity management, service request SLA management, etc.
- Provide governance, ensure compliance and adherence to LRR and Bank’s Datacenter operation processes, standards and policies
- Active participation and provide support in audit, regulatory, compliance inspections, interacting with auditors, risk team, management as needed
- Manage the development, implementation and administration of operational processes and programs
- Provide oversight and guidance for a variety of projects within the Data Center, reviewing project plans, documentations, drawings and interact with internal and external team
- Initial and local escalation point for Data Center Services Operational issues and requests. Follow escalations through to completion ensuring all parties are updated as required
- Monitor and track DCS service delivery performance against internal SLA standards
- Contribute in the development and implementation of improvement process to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Participate in reviewing standards documentation and adherence from the team on the required global standards
- Contribute to RFI / RFP for new bids pertaining to DCS products and services, engaging and liaising with Sourcing, Project and Implementation teams
- Engagement and management of 3rd party Data Center Vendor
- Provide support in the design, implementation and transition of project requests (including IT rooms, and structured cabling) into BAU operation
- Conduct annual Facility Risk Assessments (FRA) for APAC technology rooms listed in the Hosting Location Database, working with internal teams and external vendors, recording gaps against approved standards and policies; and drive remediation identified during FRA
- Produce operations reporting, updates and metrics
- Incident Management (and participation in incidents when required)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing Operations in related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing or supporting technology related projects
- Ability to self-motivate, self-educate and work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of operating a data center environment
- Experience with Audit and Compliance reporting
- Ability to work within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to work with teams across multiple countries
- Ability to provide clear, concise and timely written and verbal communication at Senior / Executive Level, thereby representing the Data Center Service at Country Leadership meetings.
- Experience and understanding of data center related audit and compliance requirements
- Understanding of local country laws, rules and regulations and their relation to the Data Center Service specifically in the APAC region
- Strong understanding of structure cabling standards and design
- Strong understanding of facility standards and design
- Proficient English ability both oral & written
- Understanding of mechanical & engineering design principles
Learn more about this role