The Global Currencies group is a growing ambitious organisation, which is involved in the marketing and trading of a full range of FX instruments. The IT group that supports this multi-region business is part of a global team based in Singapore, London and the U.S. This role is based in Chicago working in the Institutional eFX technology team.
Accountable for working as a member of a project team, and following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, responsible for ensuring standard quality practices/processes are followed and/or design and execute test plans and procedures for acceptance testing of new or modified applications and/or systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware technology and tools, etc. May participate in the creation of standard test environments, tests plans, and test scripts. May conduct acceptance testing of new or modified applications and systems and assist with modification of testing systems or tools. Documents all new or modified QA procedures and standards and assists in the development and implementation of QA metrics for assessing the quality of delivered applications and information systems. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed. Typically requires 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- testing and delivering software to accomplish business outcomes
- ensuring that software is tested to meet all functional and non-functional requirements
- develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases based on functional and non-functional requirements
- contribute to test planning, and when part of a Scrum team, build test cases for stories in the given sprint, per story acceptance criteria
- participate in test case reviews and make necessary updates
- design test data and ensures data compliance requirements are met on all levels of test environments
- assist in identifying and managing sensitive test data
- build and use test data required to accomplish execution of test cases
- execute test cases, including manual and automated tests, and record test results
- report issues and defects along with appropriate background information for review
- collaborate with developer on reproducing, detailing, and documenting reported defects
- use testing tools and follow processes required to complete testing work
- trace tests to requirements for the given scope
- when part of a Scrum team, ensures stories are well refined and contains clear acceptance criteria
- implement and maintain the test framework for the team
- perform test case reviews and works with subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure test coverage
- identify automation opportunities and develop test automation for applicable test types
- maintain and catalog test suites across test types (Smoke, Integration, Regression, etc.)
- Exceptional QA analytical skills with emphasis on test plan creation, planning and execution
- Exceptional manual and automation testing skills
- Knowledge or experience using BDD tests and Cucumber testing framework
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continues integration
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment
- Must possess a solid degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree
- Understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
- Experience creating automated tests (i.e. Cucumber, Selenium, custom frameworks)
- Experience with testing automation via UFT
- Experience working in a front office e-trading platform development team
- Experience working with global development teams
- Electronic trading application testing skills
- 3+ years of experience with QA testing of enterprise systems
- Experience testing large scale order execution and trading platforms
Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role