Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
This is a DevOps Network Engineer role in Information Security. The candidate will have the opportunity to create production-quality code autonomously.
The Network Detection and Response (NDR) team in the Global Information Security organization is responsible for defending the Bank's Internet facing networks and applications from disruptive security threats such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. NDR works at the tip of the spear to ensure that customers have an uninterrupted network experience, by rapidly responding to security events, developing defenses, and mitigating attacks. NDR team members are expected to be subject matter experts on disruptive security events and able to apply their extensive knowledge of computer networking and cyber security threats in order to develop solutions to complex cyber scenarios.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading initial investigations and triage
• Responding to, researching, measuring, detecting and mitigating security attacks that target the network and application layers
• Exercising judgment within broadly defined practices in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
• Designing and implementing secure solutions to meet customer/client needs while protecting the Bank’s assets
• Providing subject matter expertise
• Collaborating with peers and business units in a team-focused environment
• DevOps background required - proficient in use of Python, or similar programming language is required, including the ability to code securely while meeting operational requirements
Strong Python development experience required. Should have the ability to develop complex code from the ground up
• Past development experience in other programming languages is also acceptable, but the candidate should have firm grasp of Python programming fundamentals
Must have a passion for problem solving
• 10 years of experience within the information technology field and 5 years of relevant experience in network security or information security
• CISSP, CCIE, CEH, CCNA is desired, but not required
• Experience with firewalls, access control lists (ACL's), Intrusion Detection & Prevention technologies, and other network security equipment is desired
• A strong working knowledge of security threat vectors, networking, network security and application security
• Working knowledge of Netflow analysis and DDoS mitigation
• Knowledge of common network protocols, packet formats and common DDoS attack types and security vulnerabilities
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Able to adapt communication style to the audience
• Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with oversea partners.
• Ability to work independently
(Note: This role may be subject to certification and/or specialized training requirements.)
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role