Lead Experience Designer,
Bank of America Experience Design
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a Lead Experience Designer, you will lead, define, and create compelling and delightful products and services for investing. In this role as player/coach, you will lead initiatives end to end, guiding other designers through to execution, by setting expectations and quality benchmarks for everything from prototypes to detailed designs, remaining hyper focused on delivering the desired value to clients. Throughout, you will work closely with technology partners to identify enablers and capabilities and business partners to understand the objectives and goals set by executive management.
As a Lead Experience Designer you will
- Help define product strategy, work with designers and engineers to plan and design new features, and own the overall quality of what is shipped.
- Create, implement, manage, and evangelize standards and best practices across all types of experiences.
- You will use your broad design skills to ensure that patterns are well rationalized and documented and that styles express our brand but are optimized for context and technical platform.
- You will educate all XD designers in the proper use of design system elements while encouraging continuous improvement to keep up with the ever-changing design landscape.
- You will work closely with technology and testing to find the right balance between reusable high-performance designs and customization that delights our customers.
- Set the bar for the entire user’s experience (UI/UX) for other designers to aspire to.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- 10+ years of well-rounded design experience.
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence.
- Strong experience building multiple UX component and asset libraries for cross-team use.
- Strong project and team leadership experience with a track record of inspiring your team to deliver world-class solutions.
- Excellent presentation and moderation skills.
- Expertise in designing for mobile applications, responsive web, and other digital interfaces
- Mastery of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Invision, Keynote, and other design and management tools.
- Mastery of design systems infrastructure and tools that enable operational excellence
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing design systems (human interface and style guidelines).
And you are a person who:
- Thinks beyond one design solution and one technical platform, seeking smart reusability and variability.
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
- Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners.
- Proactively seeks out strategic partnerships across organizations at every level.
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions.
- Owns your schedule and delivers on time.
- Potential future travel occasionally.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Financial or similar complex industry experience .
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints.
- Comfortable with leading primary research efforts and usability studies.
- Project management experience.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role