About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Global Transaction Services Technology:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Background: The role will be part of the Global Transaction Services Technology (GTST) APAC team. GTST is a technology service delivery organization supporting the Global Banking and Markets business in Asia Pacific for Bank of America.
Bank of America is embarking on a multi-year core banking transformation journey to replace its legacy core banking platform with modern technology platforms. As part of the core banking platform transformation, the bank will seek opportunities to revamp & improve its end to end ecosystem to improve operational & technological efficiency. The core banking platforms support multiple functions in Global Banking and Markets business: e.g. payments, deposits, credit, trade finance, foreign exchange, general ledger.
The Technical Specialist will be an individual contributor, who will have direct accountability in integrating the core banking solution into the bank’s SDLC ecosystem, and in developing solutions to ensure conformance of the core banking platform to the firm’s technical requirements. The role will require close interaction with technical leads, and development teams located both onshore, and offshore
The Technical Specialist, an individual contributor, will support development activities in relation to the core banking transformation program.
- Member of the development team responsible for integrating the Finacle core banking technology platform into the firm's ecosystem.
- Work closely with technology stakeholders (e.g. internal development teams, CTO, GIS, etc.) to understand requirements, develop technical specifications, and partner with onshore and offshore development teams to implement requirements.
- Drive and participate in design, development and implementation.
- Write Test driven bug free code in relevant language/packages of the application.
- Support SIT/UAT testing needs.
- Follow Agile development practices such as TDD, CI, and CD.
- 5+ years of Java Full stack development experience.
- At least 2+ years implementation experience in Finacle or any core banking integration projects.
- Excellent proficiency in Spring Framework, Microservices API Design, WebSphere/Weblogic App Server.
- Expertise in the areas of MQ / NDM / SFTP integration.
- Skilled in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience in Test Automation tools like Cucumber / TOSCA.
- Experience working with Git, Maven and Jenkins.
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- Full SDLC lifecycle experience with large Agile/Waterfall projects.
- Self-motivated and quick-learner who can take the full ownership of designs from concept to support.
- Ability to proactively juggle responsibilities with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Good experience in handling issues & developing good working relations with cross functional stakeholders.
- Execution and result oriented. Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform, and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
- Experience with Finacle scripting and associated technologies.
- Knowledge of the Wholesale Banking domain: e.g. deposits, payments, receivables, liquidity management, trade finance, commercial loans, credit management, FX.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, Linux, RMI/IIOP, C/C++ and CORBA
Learn more about this role