The Mainframe Support Engineer is responsible for installation, maintenance and support of the CA-MICS product. Position is for individual contributor responsible for supporting 10 MICS complexes including SMF, RMF, IMS, DB2 and CICS components. Functional responsibilities include supporting capacity, charge back, reporting and ad hoc business partner requests. The candidate is required to participate in an on-call rotation.
Required Job Skills:
- 5 years of IT experience in IT
- Understanding of mainframe hardware server planning concepts
- Experience participate in requirements development, technical analysis and implementation of mainframe systems engineering activities
- Experience supporting engineering and analytical tasks related to mainframe capacity planning
- Experience assisting in the identification, translation and documentation of business requirements into technical deliverables
- CA-MICS installation and maintenance or mainframe software support experience
- Working experience using JCL, TSO/ISPF, SAS, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of z/OS and z/VM monitor data (RMF/SMF, etc.)
- BMC REMEDY Change Control, ENDEVOR
- Mainframe systems experience
- Self-starter with strong ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to work in a 24x7 environment and available for on call support rotation.
- Excellent communication skills
Desired Job Skills:
- Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications
The Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role