The Secure Usability Architect is responsible for helping to define, drive, and deliver major components of Bank of America's usability and security strategy. You will work with subject matter experts and business owners to deliver world-class solutions that meet the bank's needs for user designs that are both intuitive and help reduce risk. Knowledge and experience with user experience research and design, design, risk management, security software and experimental design are key components to this role. You will demonstrate extraordinary organizational and cross-functional communication skills to function as both a team member and individual contributor to drive successful outcomes and best practices across the enterprise.
The Secure Usability Architect is expected to stay current with both industry best practices and usable security research in order to provide best-in-class user-centric designs and recommendations. You are expected to leverage your research and design background to propose and test new approaches to improving internal security software offerings. Where appropriate, you will partner with academics to drive the state-of-the-art to help Bank of America to become a leader in its user experience design capabilities.
In this role, you will partner with the enterprise's senior leaders and subject matter experts to assist with defining the strategy and roadmaps for usable and user-friendly designs and experience with security-related products. You will focus on ensuring that the designs are developed such that security risks are mitigated, using the user interface elements to reduce risk and thus improve security. You will help develop a set of tools and documentation that developers can leverage as they design new products. You will design and execute experiments to test proposed and existing designs, as well as verify the usability of the toolkits developed. You will partner with leadership across the Bank to design controls, governance routines, and service alternatives that mature the enterprise’s security and reduce associated risks.
The Secure Usability Architect may provide direction to multiple cross functional enterprise teams that research, engineer, test, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain solutions supporting the Bank’s information security policies and/or procedures. You will utilize their in-depth knowledge and business requirements to design and engineer usability
solutions to meet customer/client needs.
• Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
• Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills
• Ability to build consensus and cooperation as well as to influence, interact and negotiate with senior leadership in the organization
• Broad knowledge of Information Security technologies, techniques and processes
• Demonstrable ability to self-direct project outcomes, with minimal supervision to achieve program goals
• Broad knowledge of user experience design best practices and experience in designing interfaces and providing design direction
• Proven experience in applying user experience design in the security space
• Solid understanding and experience in designing user studies and performing appropriate statistical analyses
• Ability and history of working with the academic community to improve the state-of-the-art in human-computer interaction
• Demonstrated innovation in the field of usable security
• Demonstrated engagement in the academic community, PHd preferred
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role