The Malware Prevention Team’s aim is to reduce risk across Bank of America by using existing or establishing new malicious code prevention and containment activities for the security, safeguarding, continuity and confidentiality of information of Bank of America.
The role of the Malware Prevention Specialist is that of completing incident response and prevention activities whose primary focus is malware.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing various malware samples
- Tracking malware actors and their infrastructure
- Incident Response
- Memory analysis
- Risk management
- Strong direct experience of analyzing malware
- Intermediate to advanced malware analysis skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, x64dgb, OllyDbg, Immunity Debugger and Ghidra
- Solid background in C++ programming and Win32 API’s
- Experience creating malware analysis tools and scripts for use in tasks such accelerating malware analysis, unpacking malware, and extracting data (ex – configuration extraction)
- Experience building and maintain scripts to emulate malware and parse c2 response traffic is a plus
- Experience in encryption/obfuscation and how to reverse it is desired
- Can create innovative ways to track progression of malware families, infrastructure and campaigns conducted by espionage actors
- Background in network traffic analysis.
- Knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP, IRC etc
- GCIH, GREM, GCFA or CISSP is desired, but not required
- Able to work independently on tasks, but also work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to the audience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role