Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Network Access Monitoring (NAM) team in the Global Information Security organization is responsible for defending the Bank's network from indicators of compromise. NAM provides monitoring and analysis of network traffic, device compliance, and system logs to detect, identify, respond, and mitigate a compromised device when necessary. NAM team members are expected to be subject matter experts on multiple technologies and able to apply necessary skillsets towards automation and augmentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading initial investigations and triage
• Responding to, researching, measuring, detecting and mitigating security attacks that attempt to compromise at the network and application layers
• Exercising judgment within broadly defined practices in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
• Designing and implementing secure solutions to meet customer/client needs while protecting the Bank’s assets
• Providing subject matter expertise
• Collaborating with peers and business units in a team-focused environment
• DevOps background required - proficient in use of Python, or similar programming language is required, including the ability to code securely while meeting operational requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Cloudera, Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana, or similar Big Data Analysis platforms including dashboards, alerting, and SIEM functionality.
• 10 years of experience within the information technology field and 5 years of relevant experience in network security or information security
• Experience with firewalls, access control lists (ACL's), Intrusion Detection & Prevention technologies, and other network security equipment is desired
• A strong working knowledge of security threat vectors, networking, network security and application security
• Working knowledge of Netflow analysis
• Working knowledge of 802.1x authentication
• Knowledge of common network protocols, packet formats and common IOC attack types and security vulnerabilities
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Able to adapt communication style to the audience
• Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with oversea partners.
• Ability to work independently
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role