The candidate will work alongside peers in all aspects, from idea generation to company meetings, including but not limited to the following:
· Perform complex financial modeling & valuation work.
· Contribute to regular publications by researching key issues on Media stocks/ industry related news
· Write regular industry and company reports and company launch initiations from scratch.
· Develop databases integral to our research product.
· Demonstrate strong industry knowledge and business judgment.
· Work with Analysts to develop key industry themes.
· Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts at covered companies.
· Participate and contribute to client meetings and events.
· Attend meetings and interact with key opinion leaders.
· Closely follow and understand market, industry and company specific activity, and relay to analyst when traveling.
· Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
· Leverage our robust network of industry contacts.
· Interact regularly with clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preference covering Media sector at an investment bank or institutional investor
· Prior experience in investment banking and/or research (equity or credit, sell-side or buy-side) preferred.
· The candidate MUST be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment.
· Major(s) and areas of academic excellence should include Accounting and Finance.
· Strong writing and spreadsheet skills. Must be an expert at MS Word and MS Excel.
· Must enjoy working in industry databases and websites, and doing desktop and field research.
· Along with Finance and Accounting, should have strong understanding of economics, macroeconomic factors, international affairs, and policy/politics.
· Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and a strong work ethic.
· Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.