The Chief Data Science Organization (CDSO) is looking for a strong SQL Application Development Lead supporting the software technology solutions for one of its Enterprise Information Products based on Teradata. If you love working with large data, and are passionate about systems engineering and ETL steeped in SQL-based workloads, we’d like to talk to you.
- This role will be part of the architecture and systems engineering team and would be leading and driving the application development for one of the data/information products called NFACT (Non-Financial Activity) owned and operated by CDSO under the THOR (Transactions History Opportunity Recognition) AIT. This role will be responsible for gathering requirements in the form of design or coding specifications from the Product Owner / Data engineering teams and take them through the SDLC lifecycle (build and test) to final deployment in production. The development process would include requirements validation, impact analysis, systems architecture and design, coding, test execution (including performance testing), and deploying the enhancements for the application in production. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, but primarily based in Teradata SQL. The role will support the data-warehouse based application through end-to-end development, maintenance, modification, problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations i.e. BAU/Oncall support. Also, responsible for instructing, directing, and checking the quality and timeliness of other systems professionals, including offshore resources.
- Technical Proficiency: SQL Programming, Data-warehousing & Database concepts and technologies, ETL, Teradata, SAS, Unix shell scripting.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Good data analytic and Database/SQL skills required to understand complex application logic and research data incidents.
- Effective at collaboration working with business partners, product owners, data engineers, and developers
- Understand basic banking processes and products
- Experience with working with change / release management processes related to application development and data management
- Must be able to works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from manager.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role