Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
Global Transaction Services Technology, AML and Tax (GTST):
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
- Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains, and debugs software applications that support Trade Finance business
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource
- Participates as an individual contributor on projects, completing activities as a part of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of application software
- Within Trade Finance Technology, this position will provide software development and maintenance to support a vendor supplied Trade Finance Services portal as well as in-house developed customized solutions offered to corporate clients and internal applications. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with Product and Operations teams to define requirements for enhancements and/or customizations needed to bring on new clients
- Working with testing teams to resolve code and/or environment issues during the test cycle
- Analyzing reported problems to assist with application production support
- 7-9 years of applicable experience
- Excellent Mainframe development skills
- Experience with development languages such as COBOL, VSAM, JCL, and Eztrieve
- Experience with Version Control Tools ChangeMan and Endevor
- Experience across the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, and support
- Software Development Methodology – Experience delivering using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to allow effective support of a global application
- Strong analytical abilities to debug and resolve production issues
- Demonstrates leadership and problem solving abilities
- Strong drive for results and self-motivation
- Flexible – ability to juggle multiple priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Risk Awareness - Awareness and proactive management of risk
- Knowledge of Trade Finance products and business flow
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role