About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
The role is part of the APAC Corporate Audit team and will be primarily responsible for Malaysia audit coverage. This includes meeting regulatory requirements, interaction with local regulator, country management and governance committees. Must demonstrate good organization skills and stakeholder management.
- Build and effectively manage local management/ regulatory relationships as well as take ownership and responsibility for local governance related matters in conjunction with regional manager. This includes interaction with local audit committee as well as country regulators.
- Independently execute assigned audit activities and supervise audit team during lead assignments. Able to coach more junior team members in execution of the audit.
- Utilize sound, seasoned analytical skills and possesses product, business, and technical expertise to execute assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinate timely and accurate regulatory submissions in conjunction with the various LOB / Country / Regional audit teams.
- Lead analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for more complex control deficiencies, recommend appropriate audit rating, and to validate for issue closure.
- Exercise judgment and critical thinking to influence business partners to drive business actions and influence management on sufficiency of corrective action.
- Identify key trends in assigned business areas with impact to the business and to the Bank overall by applying deep and broad business acumen in the Corporate Banking, Global Transaction Services and Global Markets businesses.
- Accounting degree with a minimum of 8-10 years or more of working experience in an Audit or Risk Management role.
- Excellent communication and strong analytical skills. In depth knowledge of banking processes/controls and local regulatory requirements. Knowledge or experience in global banking and/or markets businesses (e.g. Corporate Banking, Transaction Banking, Global Markets, etc.) is required.
- Good stakeholder management, including ability to build and effectively manage local country, regional audit management and regulatory relationships as well as take ownership and responsibility for local governance matters and audit projects assigned.
- Implement risk based audit strategy to coordinate, schedule, scope and lead team activities on audits (including large, cross-functional reviews across multiple locations).
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Learn more about this role