About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
The GBAM Operations change & transformation team partners with Operations, Technology, Business and key support partner groups to prioritise and implement multiple and varied change initiatives driven by business, legal, regulatory, compliance or market requirements. The team’s objective is to deliver approved projects on time and on budget, achieving the target business benefits in a controlled and effective manner. The change portfolio includes a mix of discretionary and mandated initiatives. The discretionary items aim to improve the client experience, support revenue growth, reduce operating costs, improve processing efficiency/control and support the delivery of new products and services. Mandates are driven by legal, regulatory, compliance or market changes.
- Accountable for the project / change management and execution of Regulatory or Industry mandated changes and technology deployments adhering to Enterprise change standards
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts and tollgates
- Drives the development of business requirements to satisfy business case objectives, customer and employee impact assessments, and communications
- Responsible for learning/using the bank program project reporting tools to track project status and progress updates and project deliverables. Plan, organize, and monitor project performance using appropriate these tools and techniques in alignment with enterprise change and project management framework
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Leads various project governance meetings and reporting routines
- Responsible for defining roles and responsibilities for sponsor, stakeholders, operations, technology, legal and compliance
- Communicate risks and rewards associated with decisions and actions to stakeholders in business-oriented terms and ensure all controls are in place to sustain risk mitigation. Make recommendations regarding work that will potentially precede, be delayed or stopped when environment changes occur
- Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution and control.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure agreed/approved/appropriate value is delivered and commitments are achieved on time and within cost and quality parameters
- Partners closely with technology partners to deliver technology project elements
- Proven ability to lead and sustain change. Experience being a project manager who has managed large and complex programs
- Strong working knowledge of the global banking/markets change landscape
- Strong independent leadership skills with the ability to lead a large team with minimal oversight, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and communications skills. Provide clear, concise direction to the broader team while delivering comprehensive status to senior executives, project champions and Portfolio Delivery Leads
- Project Management experience in the Global Banking and Markets lines of business
- 7+ years of experience in financial services
- Experience using Bank of America project and change management methodology and tools is a plus
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Learn more about this role