Candidate will be responsible for performing pre-matching, settlement of trades for Hong Kong/Singapore market. The role is responsible for the clearing and settlement of equity executions on behalf of all global clients trading in Hong Kong/Singapore markets. The role also undertakes a high degree of regulatory responsibility for the safeguarding of client assets, stringent internal controls around segregation of key duties as well as performing reconciliation to uphold the necessary custodial service requirements.
• Performing cross-border settlement in HK / SG market.
• Check booking accuracy
• Post journal entry
• Perform reconciliation on stock and cash
• Breaks investigation and resolution
• Follow up outstanding settlement items
• Initiate stock borrow for failed trades
• Monitor stock return for borrowed stocks
• Liaise with internal/external client and local custodians
• Funding of trade settlements
• Performing front to back ETF creation and redemption process
• Monitor trade settlement via CCP terminals to prevent buy in
• Prepare stamp duty payment
• Quantitative, analytical, proactive, a team player, able to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail and the ability to process tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Control focused with a good understanding of risk and the impact of errors. Able to initiate solutions to remediate problems.
• Confident and articulate communicator.
• Microsoft Office knowledge and skills particularly MS Excel.
• Business level spoken and written English language.
• Knowledge of financial markets is essential.
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
• The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of Banking/Financial Services Industry experience, preferably in one or more of support functions listed below as key responsibilities.
• Understand the front to back flow between trading desk and operations including custody services.
∙ Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙ Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙ Commited to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙ Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙ Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Learn more about this role
Our office is near favourite Seah Im Food Centre and a short hop to Sentosa—a popular island resort and home of the Merlion, Singapore’s guardian of prosperity.