Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Analyst (Registered) is a fully paid or firm paid (exception only), salaried, exempt position on the Financial Advisor Team to further develop and service their client base. The Analyst is responsible for implementing and executing the Optimal Practice Model (OPM) in their specific functional role (i.e. Business Development, Business Management, Relationship Management or Investments). Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the team’s practice. Performance is measured by the FA or FA team, along with OMT, through specific goals, metrics, and behavior related to the execution of the OPM function. The Analyst (Non Registered) is a non-exempt position for a non -licensed hire lacking a license and/or designation, until fully licensed and designation achieved. The Analyst (Registered) is a non-exempt position for licensed employees that are in progress of completing their designation in 12-months.
Analyst - Investments (Non-Exempt)
- Define investment philosophy and strategy (e.g., asset allocation, strategic vs. tactical, active vs. passive) and clearly articulate approach to investing that is implemented through a repeatable process
- Manage client portfolio’s using a fully documented investment philosophy leveraging Wealth Management tools and review portfolios for potential rebalancing
- Establish a clear buy/sell discipline for selecting investment products consistent with client goals and risk tolerance for initiating and selling positions
- Implement, manage and deliver via the creation of model portfolios and engage in ongoing performance analysis of various asset classes as well as client education Have deep knowledge of the various Merrill Lynch investment platforms (e.g., MLPA, UMA, PIA, MFA) as well as the available products and solutions and relevant contacts
- Conduct ongoing research on markets and investments and follow disciplined process to monitor and respond to external events
Analyst - Investments (Non-Exempt)
- Develop and service certain or pre-identified client segments of an FA or FA Team client base (such as, related accounts and specific account segments).
- Profile, qualify, and develop prospective clients through the five Client Acquisition Strategies: Sourcing & Introductions, Intimate Events, Strategic Networking, and Referral Alliances, and Targeted Seminars.
- Support the overall Goals-Based Wealth Management process to certain client segments.
- Implement investment strategies and presentations and implement investment recommendations through presentations
- Gather additional assets from existing client base.
- Coordinate and introduce technological support to FA or FA team’s business through the development of portfolio analysis, spreadsheets, proposals, direct mail campaigns, etc.
- Provide specialized support to an FA through technical expertise in certain product areas (e.g. Corporate 401(K), Rule 144, Insurance, etc.).
- Provide marketing and organizational support to FA or FA team as needed.
- Either Series 7 and 66 licenses or Series 7, 63, and 65 licenses
- All state licenses in support of FA or FA Team’s client base
- All product licenses in support of FA or FA Team’s client base
- Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
- Safe Act Registered
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role