About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
CFO, Malaysia is responsible for the overall financial management of our Company operations in Malaysia, which includes, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, capital management, tax compliance and legal entity governance. The person will be representing finance in the Board, location Management Committee and ALCO and liaise with external stakeholders like local regulators, external auditors etc.
Directly manages the team of associates in Malaysia. Managerial experience and proven success across Finance, including tax and regulatory reporting is required.
- Leadership and management of all Finance and Tax functions in Malaysia
- Responsible for Financial Control and also coordinate with the Product Control, Business Finance and Tax teams regionally
- Overseeing the Accounting, Month-end close, Finalization of Annual Audit, etc.
- Regulatory reporting for all legal entities of the Bank in Malaysia
- Submission of data to Regional reporting team for US GAAP consolidation
- Management Reporting and variance analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Monitoring & Supervising all reporting requirements Supporting in Systems Implementation
- Leading Finance Transformation
- Coordinate with Corporate Treasury on all Capital and Liquidity ratios as required by local regulators
- Coordinate with global teams on RRP, stress testing and capital forecasting
- Strong Team Management and Interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast changing environment.
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt and flexibility to adjust to new business requirements.
- Qualified accountant, with experience in preparing Financials, Regulatory reporting, Management accounting, Financial analysis & planning and Tax matters preferably with multinational operating environments such as Local and Foreign Banks, Audit firms etc
- Knowledge of local GAAP/IFRS, Central bank regulations, Regulatory reporting and Tax matters.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Excel and preferably exposure to systems such as Oracle, SAP etc.
- Problem solving abilities, attention to detail, strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Leadership and project management skills
- High integrity and good track record
Learn more about this role