About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Based in Hong Kong, role is in Global Markets Credit Asia, responsible for all aspects of the credit risk management of Hedge Funds/ Leveraged vehicles within Asia pacific including Japan.
- Credit analysis: Participate in initial and ongoing due diligence of HFs. Perform quantitative and qualitative credit assessment, setting internal ratings and recommending credit limits
- Initial margin calculation: Determine initial margin (IM) and evaluate transactional risks associated with OTC and exchange traded derivatives, securities financing and structured trades
- Trade approval: Hold delegated approval authority to approve trading floor request (OTC derivatives) or to make recommendations to higher authority levels.
- Relationship management: Build strong working relationship with external HF clients, internal business partners including Sales, Structuring & Trading, Risk counterparts, Legal and Audit Function
- Risk monitoring: Undertake regular exposure analysis including internal stress testing and IM backtesting. Monitoring of performance and AUM flow data received from HFs
- Trading documentation: Liaise with Legal and client in negotiating ISDA, CSA, GMRA etc
- Portfolio reviews: Preparation of portfolio reports and reviews, including analysis of OTC and F&O exposures, any counterparties of concern and other pertinent risk issues.
- 5+ years of experience covering Hedge Funds or Financial Institutions. Counterparty Credit experience will be considered as an advantage.
- Master degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields. CFA/FRM or other professional qualification will be highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of markets and hedge fund products (derivatives, repo, prime brokerage etc) is required
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English
- Good quantitative and Excel based skills required
- Attention to detail and ability to work as a dedicated partner to the business while ensuring robust credit risk management
- Ability to establish partnerships across the organization (Trading, Sales, Risk and support partners) and build effective work groups, requiring strong influencing and negotiating skills
Bank of America is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more about this role