This position supports Bank of America's Collections & Recovery team. The primary responsibilities include lead legal management and oversight of the nationwide legal audit program of our 40 outside collection law firms, support of all aspects of our collection litigation process including:
- Provision of legal advice
- evaluation of law changes
- Implementation of enhancements
- handling of customer complaints
- Pre-litigation disputes related to Collections
This position will also work closely with colleagues from the Collections line of business as well as Compliance/Operational Risk and other control functions. Finally, this position will provide primary support for the exploration and roll-out of new Collection-related products.
- Minimum of 5-10+ years relevant experience in experience with federal/state fair debt collection and privacy laws as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act.
- Experience in both law firm and internal council
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization, including being able to make and communicate difficult decisions to appropriate persons in the organization.
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative, with the ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- The ability to effectively balance risk and reward and to be a strategic partner with clients to help them achieve their business objectives with an appropriate risk/reward balance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team with other lawyers, clients, Risk, Compliance, Contract Management and other partners.
- Active bar membership in good standing.
- Litigation experience is preferred
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role