Overview (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
**BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Database Skill group Shared Technology Services team helps provide skilled Database resources to various different teams across GBS for their project requirements.
This DB developer will work on Oracle PL/Sql, Oracle Exadata, Informatica, tableau and AutoSys. S/he will perform data analysis, write SQL queries including stored procedures and functions for on-demand analytics to create necessary reports. He/She will Monitor ETL loads on regular intervals to ensure loads have successfully completed. He/She will also work on packages, stored procedure, triggers and functions as per story assigned to him/her.
- 4-7 years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Exadata and other database technologies.
- Involved in creating the mappings in order to extract the data from source to target using Informatica.
- SQL- must be having experience on WITH clause, Analytical functions, and creating comples Views.
- PL/SQL- must be having experience on exception handling, cursors, cursor variables, collections, bulk dml, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and packages.
- Must have good knowledge on data modelling, data quality and data validation.
- Should have good knowledge on oracle performance tuning.
- Good knowledge on using data dictionary views and oracle built in packages.
- Good working knowledge on indexes, partitions, hints.
- Working knowledge on UNIX and Perl Script (not administration level knowledge but must have knowledge on development side basic utilities).
- Monitor ETL loads on regular intervals to ensure loads have successfully completed.
- Automate manual processes to reduce human intervention.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and possesses analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationship with team members and deliver quality solutions
- Analyze failure messages and identify root causes of issues and apply solutions.
- Team player, Motivated, able to grasp things quickly with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Should analyze users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Will participate in application planning, daily standup & retrospective meetings
- Flexible to work in the US overlap time zone
- Education - BE/ BTech or MCA or as per company standards
- Certifications If Any – Not mandatory.
- Experience Range: 4-6 Years
- Mandatory skills -
- Primary Skills - Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Exadata, Informatica
- Secondary Skills – Tableau, UNIX and Perl Script
- Strong technical knowledge on writing complex SQL Queries and stored Procedures.
- Desired skills
- Good database knowledge
- Experience in Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- knowledge in Big data and Hadoop
- 11 AM – 8 PM IST
- Ready to work on production support (if required)
- Ready to work on weekends (if required)
Job Location : Chennai
Learn more about this role