Phoenix Data Science – AI/ Data Science Software Engineering Lead
Responsible the architecture and low level design of data science platform & service capabilities by envisioning and executing strategies that will enable and leverage modern data science capabilities.
The ideal candidate will utilize a blend of contemporary and traditional data science techniques, applied to both structured and unstructured data sets. This candidate will lead the development of big data capabilities and utilization as well as the coordination of cross-functional analytic initiatives. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture. He/She will proactively work with business executives and various teams across the bank in order to provide advanced analytic data modeling systems and will be responsible for consistently identifying and monitoring key business risks and realizing the data needs of the business. He/She will manage the bank’s external data and analytics partners and play a key role in the development and design of the vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and roadmap for the launch of data sciences capabilities.
Phoenix Data Science and AI Software Engineering Lead, a critical role in the team, is responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the Data Science/ AI Platform under Chief Data Office (CDO). This involves designing and building out the platform, production services, applications, model deployment and platform components that comprise our backend. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development, platform engineering and database skills to provide best- practices and guidance to the new platform we are launching. This individual will report to Phoenix Data Science Engineering Manager and will require frequent communication with the scrum team, business leads and stakeholders. This role requires agility to learn new skills and quickly respond to business needs as things change.
- Work closely with team and business requirements to design and implement a scalable and high performance multi-tenant Data Science and AI Hadoop platform.
- Lead the sprint for the work stream
- Design and drive the operationalization of Data Science and AI models and advanced analytics through the MDLC (Model Development Life Cycle) framework.
- Drive automation of application and model deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Implement governance and control framework on the platform in adherence to the firm’s AI policy and model/ analytics deployment procedures.
- Manage and optimize the tools (Data Robot, Tableau etc.) available on the platform. Design, implement and manage Horizon integration
- Design and implement a robust security and access control framework.
- Define platform monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions. Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for the user community
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on- time delivery.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Collaborate with product and business teams to define our product, balancing features with time to market. Create a scalable, testable, documented application so that we can grow the product over time.
- Must have significant experience in building a multigenerational scalable platform. Experience with Cloudera/ Hadoop ecosystem in a stack build out is highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience as architecture or development lead in data analytics or data science
- Extensive experience designing and implementing complex solutions
- 10+ years’ experience developing software in C, C++, Java, Scala, Ruby, and/or Python
- Experience implementing data science platforms like IBM Watson suite of products, Anaconda Enterprise, Dataiku, Domino Labs, C3 AI Suite etc.
- Experience working with big data and eco system (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, S3 etc.)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, CoreNLP, Gensim)
- Skilled in statistical and modeling packages such as SAS, Statistica, Matlab, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools
- Design and implement a microservice based application using python, Django and related frameworks.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linguistics, Advanced Semantic Design
- Expert in data management programming such as SQL, PL-SQL, and Python as well as being familiar win the workings of motion-tracking data and time-series analyses
- Experience with probability and statistics, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimization
- Excellent written, verbal and diagramming skills. Expertise in using PowerPoint and clearly articulating findings / presenting solutions
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role