Job Title: Software Developer – FX Options
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
One of the world’s leading financial institutions, we have 57 million customers ranging from individuals to businesses to governments and we are committed to growing responsibly. We’ve been building meaningful connections in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for 90 years, and you’ll find our 200,000-strong workforce in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Here in our London office we are looking to recruit for a Software Engineer to work to support the Global FX Options Trading Desks’ primary electronic platform as well as the pricing and booking system. The role will be focusing on Front Office Technology (FX) and software development, deployment and support of Pricing, eTrading, Market Making and Trade Booking applications using agile methodologies.
- Front Office Technology (FX) and software development, deployment and support of Pricing, eTrading, Market Making and Trade Booking applications using agile methodologies.
- Work with brokers and external clients to expand the reach of our electronic offerings.
- Work closely with our business partners to improve the performance and quality of our prices from a technology standpoint.
- Integration with upstream systems executing trades into FX Bank of America infrastructure, as well as compulsory enhancements to meet ongoing Regulatory programme demands (MiFID II, UMR, IMM, etc.)
- Liaising with Trading, Sales, Finance, Market Risk and COO teams to understand requirements
- Create development plans and implement changes across the FX technology stack.
- Support and develop static data and market making tools within FX in line with simplification efforts and desk requirements.
- Function as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with various business partners across Technology and Trading, Compliance, Supervision, Risk, Operations and other support partners.
- Degree at Bachelors level in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Computer Science; or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience in developing software applications in a financial institution preferable, but not critical
- Well-founded experience in coding languages (examples include, but are not limited to, Python, Java, C# and .Net)
- High level of Pricing and/or electronic trading background.
- Ability to collaborate with any and all Business Managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and operate in a high-pressure Front Office Trading environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially when working with business users and technology colleagues
- Ability to design programmes of work, to lead tasks, to mentor junior members of the team and to deliver great results
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking by developing software to meet functional, non-functional and compliance requirements
- Proactive attitude in gathering, sharing and integrating feedback from key business partners within software systems
- Global Markets Financial experience useful, but not critical
- Enthusiasm to learn new processes and challenges
Nice to have
- Financial and/or Mathematical background.
- Front Office experience, preferably in a FX or other Fixed Income or Derivatives Trading environments.
- FX (+ Derivatives) product knowledge.
- An appreciation of the quantitative aspects of Fixed Income Trading and Risk Management.
- Experience of integrated Front Office Development environments (examples include, but are not limited to, Sec DB, Athena, Pioneer, and Quartz.)
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
For more information on our commitment to ESG, visit about.bankofamerica.com
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Learn more about this role