Prepares, negotiates and reviews industry standard and non-standard master agreement and supporting documentation for derivatives, foreign exchange and treasury management products, focusing on the most complex negotiations and documentation assignments. Often provides guidance/training to less experienced staff. Utilizes prior experience and knowledge of derivatives documentation and products, trading industry standards and BofA's policies to address related credit, legal and business issues. Collects and reviews customer credit documentation and recommends appropriate derivatives documentation. Facilitates communications among credit officers, marketing, legal and tax staff, and client managers to promptly resolve documentation issues. Has excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills and is comfortable representing BofA in communications with associates, clients and internal/external counsel at all levels of management. Advises and educates internal associates about documentation standards and options, policies and procedures. Capable of organizing and prioritizing a large number of competing, complex documentation assignments to meet customer needs.
- Manage drafting and negotiating of various trading agreements, including but not limited to Master Securities Forward Transaction Agreements, Master Repurchase Agreements, ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes, and related ancillary documentation, between Bank of America and its clients.
- The negotiator will work closely with Sales and the On-boarding teams to maximize the efficiency of the client integration process.
- Identification and facilitation of credit, legal, tax and policy issues by coordinating communications among credit officers, collateral management, tax department, counsel (in-house and outside) and client representative (“internal partners”).
- Liaising with internal partners and marketers/traders to accurately reflect the necessary credit and business terms of the relationship whilst conforming to bank guidelines and policies.
- Updating of Bank systems including the documentation system of record.
- Involvement in special projects as and when required.
Core skills and requirements
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Be able to work both independently and as an integral part of the team.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to prioritize/drive for execution.
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined parameters.
- Familiarity with Hedge Fund and Asset Manager structures.
- Law degree preferred
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role