The Merchant Services Consultant is a field based specialist responsible for providing payment processing solutions to small business client primarily through partnerships with an assigned group of small business specialists, financial centers and other LOB partners. Their role is to drive responsible growth, consulting with small business clients to understand their business priorities and provide solutions that meet their needs with a focus on more complex opportunities and solutions. They are an integral contributor to One Team and will spend dedicated time in financial centers engaging in partner routines, accepting in person client appointments, referrals and introductions and coaching their colleagues on how to identify merchant opportunities and make quality referrals. They will also develop opportunities with their partners, go on joint client calls and meet clients at their place of business. They are the expert in the payment industry and Bank of America merchant solutions and consult with small business owners to align solutions with their unique and complex business priorities and needs. Maintain and manage a strong pipeline for new revenue growth as well as developing and retaining existing client relationships. This role reports directly to the Merchant Market Manager
• Develop and maintain relationships with assigned Financial Centers, Small Business and other One Team partners as assigned across a geographic footprint and support bringing the Bank of America suite of merchant services solutions to clients.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding and broad knowledge of merchant pricing, software, gateways, security as well as expert industry knowledge in Healthcare, Retail, Restaurant, Business to Business and ISVs.
• Identify and support new client priorities.
• Continuously develop and maintain a strong pipeline for new revenue growth opportunities with
• Attain balanced performance including assigned sales and revenue goals, operational excellence/risk and client experience standards
• Acts as a champion for clients by connecting expertise across the company that helps them achieve their goals.
• The ability to understand technical solutions and processes
• Maintain accurate records and adhere to SLAs.
• Establish relationships with associations, centers of influence and vendor partners among others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• 2+ years of sales experience
• Consultative selling experience
• Proven relationship management
• Demonstrated technical expertise
• Experience selling Merchant, Bankcard or Financial Services in similar field or face to face sales environment
• Established sales, business development and negotiation skills
• Is organizationally savvy; knows how to make connections and build relationships to get things done.
• Customer focused and highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment
• Possesses business acumen with the ability to discuss in depth complex financial solutions
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Capability to adapt to an ever changing payment processing environment
• Strong communications, including oral and written presentation skills
• Effective planning, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Multi-lingual ability is a plus
Travel and Physical Requirements
• Daily travel within territory is required to perform essential functions of the role. Occasional out of territory travel is required.
• Works in varied environments involving sitting and standing. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile. Ability to utilize a tablet and telephone for prolonged period of time. Ability to visit and move around at client sites including the ability to maneuver in a variety of places. Ability to lift, carry and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs. And that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role