Line of Business Role Description
The Technical Support Manager is responsible for managing a team of client facing technical support professionals. This position is responsible for supervising, motivating and representing the technical support team along with managing the day to day duties of each team member ensuring that each customer interaction is exceeding customer and company expectations
- Provide in-depth technical support, for new and existing clients in all business lines.
- Become a technical expert in the services products and solutions offered by Bank or America and our 3rd party software and technical partners. Must also be knowledgeable about outside 3rd party services solutions and integrations.
- Build/cultivate a team with clear roles and common goals.
- Evaluate the day to day practices of the direct reports. Provide feedback, coaching and development of skill sets to ensure
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manage technical delivery and coordinate activities with Escalation management on customer escalations as assigned.
- Help team to prioritize open issues, define and track bugs clearly for Engineering.
- Drive and continually improve productivity and quality improvements within the team.
- Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction through professionalism and swift resolution of incidents.
- Funnels data driven data on feature enhancement requests and key support data to Product Management and helps clarify/prioritize as needed.
- Convert data and customer feedback into process improvements that systemically help improve the organization - and provide more accurate data.
- Responsible for developing corrective improvement plans based on customer arrival patterns and ensuring all service levels are met or exceeded
- Drive the discussion and decisions of technical topics related to the team, as well as communicate incidents to key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain technical and procedural documentation including KPI’s, workflows, and diagrams.
- Engaging with IT teams & Product partners to ensure new technologies and solutions are properly identified, managed, and documented.
- Build service artifacts, oversee tasks and projects, and ensuring adherence to timelines.
- Identify and lead efforts to implement improvements and automations for routine and repetitive tasks.
- Refine and maintain employee hardware standards.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new projects, products, programs, and plans to achieve short and long term business objectives; assist in the coordination of the design and execution of various projects for the promotion and maintenance of the business
- 3-5 years experience in technical operations roles
- 3-5 year experience in managing functions that support call center activity such as workforce management, analytics, reporting, and process improvement
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team based environment and the ability to motivate and empower employees.
- Experience in remote management of staff across multiple locations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% to multiple locations.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Analytical skills, understanding of basic statistics and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project
- Familiarity with relevant call center technology and applications, including but not limited to including Nice, IEX, Aspect, etc
5+ years experience in Credit Card/Merchant Services industry experience
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role