The Merchant Market Manager (MMM) leads a team of field-based Merchant Consultants. Their primary role is to drive responsible growth through the execution of merchant acquisition and deepening strategies to deliver payment processing solutions to small business clients that meet their business priorities. They partner locally with One Team leadership to create an integrated and seamless Bank of America experience and deliver the company to small business clients driving exceptional client care, deeper client relationships, and operational excellence. This individual will act as an expert in the payments industry providing vision and leadership to team of Merchant Consultants. MMMs work closely and directly with their team of Merchant Consultants in the field to drive accountability for aggressive goals, providing performance management, coaching, and support. MMMs are responsible for overall team balanced performance goals being met.
- The Market Manager will lead 17-20 Field Based Merchant Consultants across a geographic footprint
- Conducts joint calls with consultants to ensure effective use of the consultative sales process, pipeline development for revenue growth and partnership collaboration.
- Drives accountability and provides coaching to Business Consultants to ensure KPIs are met including productivity, revenue, pricing, margin and mix.
- Is organizationally savvy; knows how to make connections across geographies, businesses and hierarchies to get things done.
- Strong Communicator with the ability to build rapport with leaders across Small Business, Consumer and Merrill Lynch.
- Ensures partnership and growth strategies are implemented across the market to build relationships and cultivate new business and strategic alliances across 3 core client segments (Small Business, Consumer and Merrill Lynch) to promote Bank of America suite of merchant services and financial products.
- Acts as a champion for clients by connecting expertise across the company that helps them achieve their goals.
- Recruits, develops cultivates a diverse group of consultants within the market
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years direct leadership of field sales representatives in merchant sales or related industry
- The ability to translate strategy into tactics for the organization to implement.
- Must demonstrate ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization.
- The ability to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainly; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Proven ability to manage complex large scale initiatives for a global company, driving timely decisions.
- Strong knowledge base around merchant pricing, software, gateways, security as well as expert industry knowledge in Healthcare, Retail, Restaurant and Business to Business and ISVs.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role