About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
As part of the APAC Research Marketing team, you will be working closely with Asean and Tactical Research Management to optimize and improve how the department functions to help drive business strategies. The job will expose you to every aspect of sell-side research and require the ability to crunch, analyze, and interpret large data sets across multiple databases to provide key performance metrics (e.g. report readership, client touchpoints, broker votes, share price performance), as well as assisting in the day-to-day responsibilities of sell-side research (e.g. planning sales/research morning meetings, attending research review committees, etc.).
- Track and prepare broker vote and analyst touch points analyses
- Perform data analysis that drives strategy throughout the annual Institutional Investor Campaign
- Co-ordinate and minute Research Recommendation Committee meetings
- Work with Senior Analysts to explore key industry themes.
- Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts at covered companies.
- Participate and contribute to client meetings and events.
- Analyze and interpret market data (both qualitative and quantitative) to create focus action items for increased analyst client connectivity
- Work closely with Research Managers to analyze different data sets or available research reports/presentations to identify market opportunities or thematic research themes
- Partner with in-house developers to refine quantitative models to deliver results and findings for the Research Marketing and Corporate Access teams
- Prepare research presentations for senior research management team
- Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
- Interact regularly with clients, both internal and external.
- Ideally 2-4 yrs of experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative marketing research or in similar position, also open to candidate with transferrable skillset
- Strong business acumen in Equities Research
- Detail-minded, able to translate data into trends and meaningful actionable items
- Able to translate business research requirements into IT solutions, good communication skills
- Can multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Factset, VBA and other programming languages desirable
- Creative Thinking: Ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and to see business opportunities from a novel perspective.
- Flexibility: The capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions.
- Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration: The willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Self starter: the ability to pro-actively identify required analysis and complete projects with limited supervision.
Learn more about this role