Why should I apply? (Overview of Role)
The role will report to EMEA Head of Trade and Supply Chain Finance, who in turn reports to GTS Head, EMEA and Global Head of Trade and Supply Chain Finance. The successful individual will be responsible for a portfolio of markets in UK and Ireland, working closely with peer Trade Product Sales, GTS Sales and CBK partners to deliver solutions to clients.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- work in a dynamic growing part of the GTS and wider GBAM franchise
- Interact with the largest global corporations in EMEA.
- gain significant exposure to senior business partners and leaders in UK and the broader EMEA region
- significant exposure to holistic working capital solutions and how they fit with client objectives
- deliver growth in a core transaction services product, which is currently underleveraged with our clients
The role provides excellent opportunities for future progression – into either a regional PSS role, or as a broader GTS or Corporate Banking generalist in EMEA region.
What will I be doing? (Responsibilities)
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Defining a regional business development strategy to grow Trade revenues in selected markets for corporate clients.
- Significant input into the regional Trade strategy, supporting EMEA Trade Head. .
- working closely with GTS Sales and Corporate Banking to ensure complete alignment in client planning, opportunity targeting, deal progression and revenue growth
- strong collaboration with peers in other parts of EMEA and other regions (particularly US and APAC), to ensure that cross-regional opportunities and multi-regional / global opportunities are appropriately managed
- owning and managing a pipeline of Trade opportunities and working in close co-operation with GTS Sales and Corporate Banking to maximize mandated/closed deals and revenue ramp-up
- owning and increasing client revenue for the portfolio of Trade clients in the region
- own and drive risk and control for the function, ensuring all activities are managed within the appropriate risk, controls, and regulatory parameters of the bank
- developing and driving the creation of appropriate client/product materials to facilitate origination and deal closure
- working closely with Operations and Client Servicing to drive service excellence and improve client delight
- actively engage in the local marketplace, including industry and peer engagement and demonstrating strong market presence
Competencies we look for
- Experience in influencing and leading virtual teams such as sales / banking partners and other regional stakeholders
- Strong background in business management, preferably managing complex products that have senior visibility
- Strong grasp of critical principles of risk management and compliance / anti-money laundering.
- Customer centric approach balancing risk, profitability and responsible growth
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Well developed presentational skills to both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Numerate with strong ability to manage financials
- A self-starter who can also work with other interdependent groups
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline orientated environment
- Comfortable interacting with senior management
Skills we look for:
- Proven & extensive track record in Trade Finance and/or transaction services more broadly, especially on Supply Chain Finance.
- Clear understanding of the core Trade Finance product suite including traditional trade products, supply chain finance, Export Credit Agency Finance
- Background managing a complex product suite within a large global financial institution
- Deep knowledge and experience of UK market from a Trade Finance and broader transaction services perspective
- Background managing complex Corporate clients
- Proven ability to originate and sell transaction services capabilities, specifically Trade Finance
- Language skills – English
Nice to have
- Understanding of broader range of international cash management products and services
- Experience in managing products within the context of a global matrix-managed product set
- Background in credit underwriting and credit risk management
- Language skills – French, Italian, Spanish
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Learn more about this role