Responsible for delivery of integrated treasury solutions to Global Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Business Banking or Small Business Banking clients. Partner closely with client-facing teammates in GBAM to consult on sales opportunities and provide the product expertise and consultation necessary to deliver the best possible solution to the client.
The Merchant Sales Portfolio Analyst (MPA) is primarily focused on retention and deepening of existing clients. The MPA serves as the primary escalation point for clients in their assigned portfolio and are charged with identifying, analyzing and resolving client issues. The client portfolio could be specific to an LOB or an industry vertical.
MPA’s are part of an organization that also provides support to the front line sales team on various sales related activities, partnering across the broader organization and with key vendors to drive client experience and operational excellence.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform ongoing analysis of clients transactional volumes to ensure qualification of interchange categories
- Payment card industry data security standard reviews (PCI) assuring clients are reporting in the right categories and compliant with card brand regulations
- Creates and manages merchant intake form and represents Merchant team on behalf of the implementation process
- Manages pipeline input and accuracy
- Adds additional locations, terminal requests and deactivation of MIDs and TIDs
- Coordinates client modification requests throughout the organization
- Ad hoc reporting, research and analytics
- Deepens client awareness of self servicing options available on platform, optimizing the client experience
- Annual tier reviews and coordination of pricing opportunities with MSO
- Charge back and retrieval assistance
- Consultative sales experience with Business Banking, Large Corporate, and/or Commercial Banking clients
- 10 years of Core Acquiring (Credit/Debit) industry experience
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- 5+ years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales.
- Expert knowledge of POS (integrated/standalone) payment interfaces
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to cultivate and strengthen client relationships with senior business and IT staff member
- Understanding of PC payment applications, merchant services industry applications, accounting systems, competition/competitive landscape in the payments industry, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), data security (PCI), file formatting, and data transmissions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, prioritization and time management acumen.
- Ability to coach colleagues with less experience and/or knowledge, as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, OneNote
- Ability to quickly learn various sales applications
- Knowledge and experience in payments, merchant services, or related industry sales and consultation.
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to develop client and business strategies to maximize growth and development.
- Technologically savvy; comfortable with tablet and cloud-based solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- People management background in a sales and/or service environment
- PCI Standards and Information Security knowledge
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role