About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Country Risk Manager (aka Chief Risk Officer) and Credit Risk Manager for Malaysia. Part of the Global Risk team.
- Responsible and accountable for overall risk management of Malaysia operations of Bank of America as the CRO.
- Interface with central bank / financial market regulators as bank’s local country risk officer; communicate with internal compliance function to help the Bank complies with local banking regulations; provide input on local regulatory reports.
- Manage Risk Management Committee meetings and work with the Board on Bank of America Malaysia Berhad to ensure issues are escalated in a timely manner and actions taken appropriately working along with the management team.
- Responsible for managing the Bank’s credit portfolio for Bank of America Malaysia Berhad to ensure portfolio stability and appropriate credit actions are taken. This includes reviewing and approving all credit risk exposures in booked in Bank of America Malaysian subsidiary and Labuan branch.
- Communicate / escalate key issues on Malaysia FI & Corporate portfolios, advise / recommend credit actions to bank’s senior risk officers on an ongoing basis
- Engage and collaborate with GCIB Credit team and when required, with Business teams (including Corporate Banking, Global Markets, Global Treasury Services, etc), on deal / transaction discussions.
- Regular discussion with other Risk functions to ensure coverage of risk issues within Malaysia and escalate (as appropriate) to relevant Local Management Committees and SE Asia Country Risk Manager to discuss outstanding regulatory / country risk issues.
- Leading and participating in BANA Malaysia Local Management Team, Risk Management Committee, ALCO meetings, Board Meetings and other governance routines as required.
- Coordination with local / regional support groups (ops, treasury, finance middle / back offices, credit admin etc) as necessary, as part of the risk management process.
- Prepare, review and approve risk reports required as part of the risk monitoring and governance process.
- Minimum 8-10 years with relevant background. Eligible candidate to have prior experience (with an US / European bank) in managing / underwriting and approving Corporate / FI credit risk covering trading limits, loan and trade finance exposure and have good understanding of various Banking products.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills. Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English. Knowledge of Malay is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Malaysian regulatory environment is a preference.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently.
Learn more about this role