Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank
Building out Strategies, Analytics & Process Integration team in India driving improved fraud detection & loss reduction
Experienced analytical professional to join our team as a Fraud Strategy Analyst. In this role, you will be expected to look through significant quantities of data from various sources to identify and stop fraud.
The role will be responsible for several key areas:
- Development of new fraud strategies using analytical techniques including decision trees, random forests and other quantitative methods. Goal will be to identify and mitigate new and emerging fraud threats.
- Identifying new sources of data (internal or vendor-provided) that can enrich our existing fraud detection processes, be added to our decision systems, and allow for new detection strategies to be developed. Will require close coordination with partners in Fraud Technology.
- Optimization of existing detection strategies to determine areas where rules can be adjusted to decline fewer false positives and improve the ROI and overall performance of our fraud strategies
- Review incoming trends and defects and make recommendations to change existing fraud rules
- Candidate need to work on any of the given products - Credit Card / Debit Card / Deposit / Check /Reporting / ATO/New Accts/Digital
- Education: Advanced degree, preferably in Statistics/Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering from a premier institute
- Technical certifications in SAS, SQL preferred
- Experience Range: 4 – 7 years
- The candidate must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAS and SQL.
- Must have 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in analytics. Strong preference working in financial services, particularly fraud or cyber security.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of building and deploying analytical solutions that have resulted in material financial results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical.
- Must have exceptional organizational, project management and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance or business. Post graduate degree is a plus.
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as Python, R or Java will be preferred.
- Knowledge of data extraction tools such as Hive or HUE will be preferred.
Work Timings: 12: 30 PM to 9:30 PM
Job Location: Mumbai
Learn more about this role