This position may be located in any of the following areas: Boston, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Littleton, CO, Chandler, AZ, charlotte, NC, Hopewell, NJ
Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by providing best in class, integrated products in the most intuitive, efficient and client friendly way while maintaining a forward thinking mindset and risk management focus. RPWS is responsible for both the institutional and personal retirement capability set to include 401(k), Equity and Health Benefit plans for companies of all sizes as well as college savings, personal retirement planning, retirement income, insurance and estate planning for individuals. RPWS also provides tools and content that enables advisors and bankers to help their client’s live their best financial lives.
The Client Relationship Manager (CRM), a Vice President level position, is responsible for the overall relationship across our Institutional Retirement Plans Client base within RPWS. The CRM is the strategic lead who is responsible for the satisfaction, retention, and profitability of our Defined Contribution and Non‐Qualified
Deferred Compensation clients.
The CRM will interface frequently with senior members of internal leadership team as well as our clients' Human Resources, Benefits, and Finance Departments so
a successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, proven negotiating skills, a demonstrated knowledge of Defined Contribution and Non‐Qualified
Deferred Compensation plans, and an appreciation for the challenges that face today's plan sponsors.
•Formulating Client Centric Business Plans
•Creating and maintaining a high level of personal contact with your clients
•Creating and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction as measured by both internal and 3rd party benchmarks
•Effectively managing P&L's for their book of business
•Consultatively cross‐selling additional products and services to support Client needs
•Coordinate and deliver quarterly Service and Product Reviews with the team
•Manage the various Service Support organizations to ensure a high level of service
•Identify and leverage the multiple and broad resources Merrill Lynch has to most effectively serve each of your client's unique needs
•10 years of Retirement and/or Benefits experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• SIE, Series 7 Top Off and Series 66 (or ability to obtain within Compliance deadline)
• Thorough understanding of the Retirement Services industry
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 25‐50% of the time
• Ability to manage complex projects and work with a cross‐functional team
• Strong leadership traits as the CRM is a visible leader internally. While a CRM does not have any direct report responsibility,
they need to move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and directing the work being done.
• Ability to be conceptual, able to recognize problems from few or subtle clues, and be innately comfortable with complex and
• Additional benefit product knowledge and/or experience is a strong plus (Defined Benefit, Equity, and/or Health Savings)
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role