Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment.
Environment Strategy, as part of Distributed Environment Services, is responsible for detailed planning and coordination of changes across large & complex test environments to ensure successful implementation/alignment without service impact. The role entails ownership for release pipeline assignments, alignments and schedules for all front end and middleware components. Active engagement with multiple stakeholders, developing relationships, and confidently conveying strategy and decisions are necessary. Successful candidates are detail oriented and self-starting, capable of analyzing requirements and suggesting solutions to remediate.
Day to day activities include, but not limited to the following:
- Change Management for all Infrastructure upgrades, scheduling, coordination, and planning with support partners.
- Environment Strategy on alignment of lower level testing pipelines, pipelines assignments, pipeline availability to the testing community, and coordination with Application Development and/or Line of Business when a pipeline needs to be unavailable.
- Manage vendor connectivity into each of the lower level test environments and associated pipeline assignments.
- Coordinate directly with Release Management to insure environment assignment, alignment, and availability support their expected production release dates.
- Assist in application stability, connectivity, and related defect triage in the controlled testing environments.
- Schedule the deployment of code and/or retrofit of production code.
- Communicating to our clients and/or consulting on design of infrastructure
- Working side by side with testers and developers to ensure all are working cohesively.
- Coordination/scheduling of system OS or application patching
- Technical documentation
- Partnership and communications with internal customers and partner teams
Required Job Skills
- 4+ years technology experience, preferably in enterprise infrastructure and/or enterprise application support
- Broad technical proficiency in an infrastructure domain such as server OS, database, or network
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships across technology and business partners
- 3+ years of experience in Change Management or Release Management functions.
- Effective Communication – Clear, Concise and the ability to articulate ideas
- Should be able to lead and actively participate in conference calls with technical and business users
- Flexible to periodically work in different shifts, including nights and weekend support
- Working knowledge/expertise with JIRA, NEXUS and ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- Exposure and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/V Model)
- Candidate must be self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, able to work with little supervision and a responsible team-player
- Working knowledge: Network, Load balancers, firewall, etc.
- Working knowledge of application setup, support, and configuration
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of IBM WebSphere or equivalent.
Desired Job skills
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Environment Management functions
- Technical expertise in app dev, server OS, middleware, network or database
- Experience working with infrastructure and application tools and using them to understand dependencies across multiple infrastructure devices and/or applications
- Experience participating in and/or leading workstreams to manage environment utilization.
- Exposure to financial, banking business processes, technologies, system and process architecture
- Environment Management skills on UNIX and WINDOWS
- Networking skills
- Suitable Masters/Bachelor’s academic degree
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role