**Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position**
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center only.
Job Specific Description / Responsibilities:
The role is for a hands on technical Release and Deployment analysis. The individual will participate end to end Releases Activities including Change records review, executing technical deployment activities, creating deployment plans, conducting post implementation review and creating Release reports. The person will work closely with the Application Development, QA, UAT, Application Support team and other technology partners (DBAs, SAs, etc.)
The successful candidate will partner closely with all needed teams and foster positive working relationships with a wide variety of sources within GT&O in order to successfully coordinate aspects related to production support services, deployment and release management.
Take ownership and accountability of managing releases, deployments and ensure time bound delivery to meet all objectives and restoral of significant unplanned incidents.
Challenge the status quo in a positive manner providing thought leadership within the team identifying process improvements including but not limited to:
• Build collaborative and sustained relationships with internal peer partners across organizational and geographical boundaries.
• Clear communications targeting functional as well as internal teams/audiences.
• Effectively communicate with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables and timelines
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
**Work hours may include Weekend and holidays, and occasional off-hour or extended hour support require**
• Solid understanding of Linux shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles
• +5 years of performing application Change, release or deployment teams.
• +5 years working with Sybase, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server.
Good written and verbal communication skills
• Hands on experience on SVN and AutoSys tool
• Exposure to relational databases and SQL desirable.
• Hands on experience of deployment and release management
• Deep understanding of Putty, HPDMA and any other deployment tools
• Knowledge of Remedy/Change request process is added advantage
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to balance work load and manage the responsibilities for direct and matrix teams
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
• Proven ability to communicate complex information in simple terms
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a matrix reporting environment and ability to prioritize and manage urgent/adhoc deliverables as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work in high intensity situations maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to negotiate with peer groups and business partners.
• Ability to speak or present information in confident, clear, concise direct manner to peers and Senior Leaders.
• Critical thinking/analytical skills
• Assertive and decisive character with excellent leadership and discussion facilitation skills.
• Experience working with or in operations business unit (CFT/ICDO).
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role