- Drive the UK duration, curve and spread views
- Write the UK rates contribution to the Global Rates Weekly
- Participate in the morning meeting and sales and trading meetings to explain and publicise the UK rates strategy view
- Publish regular trade ideas across the spectrum of sterling rates products
- Write in-depth thematic pieces covering specific topics of interest to the UK rates market such as important regulatory developments, funding issues etc
- A graduate degree (Masters) in Economics or Science (with a strong quantitative element: Maths, Physics, Statistics etc)
- Extensive work experience either as a sell-side research analyst, portfolio manager or buy-side analyst
Candidate must demonstrate:
- The ability to tailor UK rates research for different client types, creating original content that ranges from “big picture” thematic pieces to actionable trade ideas in the full range of sterling rates products.
- A strong understanding of the economic and other macro drivers of the level and term structure of UK rates.
- A thorough knowledge of the mechanics/maths behind all the main rates instruments.
- A comprehensive grasp of the unique institutional features of the UK rates market and the regulatory constraints that drive different investors’ behaviours (defined benefit pension hedging, UK DMO operations, BoE APF mechanics, etc.)
- The ability to work seamlessly with research colleagues to produce and present cross-asset work, especially fellow rates strategists globally and the UK economist.
Desirable additional attributes:
- Strong quantitative modelling skills
- Experience with UK inflation, vol’, cross-currency basis
- A thorough understanding of the Libor decommissioning process (where we are, what needs to be resolved), with experience educating clients affected by the change and identifying related trade ideas.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Learn more about this role