Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Global Investigations process deals with handling of payment related queries received from banks, internal BOA departments, customers, nostro outstanding & returned payments. All queries require detailed analysis & resolution as per standard timelines. The team handles Investigations for all currencies arising for Asia, EMEA & US regions
- Investigating and identify root cause for an enquiry
- Contact external banks through SWIFT correspondence messages
- Pass payments adjustments entries on client accounts, internal accounts & nostro accounts
- Review nostro accounts & ensure all outstanding debits & credits are cleared as per timelines
- Follow up with external banks for details, confirmation and recall of funds
- Verify Correspondence & Payment adjustments as per currency cut-off
- Manage workflow in the team
- To process investigations / enquiries of Incoming / Outgoing / returned payments in a timely manner, adhering to laid down procedures and ensure that the established service standards are met.
- Investigate & clear payment related outstanding on Nostro accounts
- Verify Correspondence & payments adjustment entries processed by the team adhering to currency cut-off
- Monitor & ensure all queues are cleared as per currency cut-off
- Escalate any process related ambiguities to the supervisors or manager for clarification.
- Monitoring of mail box and act accordingly without delay. Distribute work among the team on priority basis
- Perform end of day (EOD) check and report to supervisor
- Support fellow team members on queries relating to process
- Support the team manager in capturing performance related data and report MIS on a timely basis
- Have innovative approach to work and continuously identify and implement process improvements
- Seek opportunities to improve process by initiating best practices
- Identify risk areas in the process and implement mitigation plans
- Assist the supervisors in preparing various process reports
- Education: The Candidate must be a Graduate or Post Graduate – Commerce (B.Com) or MBA (Finance)
- Certifications: NA
- Good Communication Skills, both verbal and written
- Experience : 3-4 years relevant work experience. Prior work experience in Global Investigations is a preferable.
- Mandatory Skills:
- In depth understanding of SWIFT payments & message types
- Ability to work on all types of cases.
- Detailed Knowledge of nostro accounts
- Should have worked on PEGA
- Desired Skills:
- Ability to multitask , prioritizing urgent items & meet stringent cut-offs
- Organized and methodical
- Customer focused
- Ready to stretch when required
- Willingness and able to own tasks to completion
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and shift timings
- Should be a Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets
- Compliance centric
- Accountable for errors & losses
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Six Sigma Knowledge
- Work Timings: 4:30pm to 1:30am
- Work Location: Hyderabad
Learn more about this role