The role is largely one of business development and sales, meeting targeted annual new business goals. Developing leads from an existing client base and closing deals is the determinant of success. The candidate should be an experienced and proven product sales specialist and embody a sales leader with a proven track record of execution success. Strong payments and receivables experience gathered either from sales or product management roles, or ideally both is a prerequisite for the role. The candidate must demonstrate fluency across cash management including; channels, Treasury & Cash Management systems, payment clearing ans settlement etc. This knowledge should have been gained in a transaction bank where a greater understanding of client treasury management has been gained.
- As a GTS Product Sales Specialist, candidate will be responsible for partnering with GTS Sales, Client Coverage and product management to continue to grow GTS revenue.
- Key job responsibilities include executing product sales strategies across LOBs and regions inclusive of direct deal support, prospecting and on-going sales and coverage education.
- Must work with globally-based sales and product managers to promote product capabilities and pursue marquee deals, including coordination with regionally-based product executives in developing, implementing and promoting required capabilities. Participate in and drive industry dialogue on pertinent cash management topics to ensure BAML’s and our clients’ interests are appropriately represented.
- Lead/Participate in meetings with prospects/clients. Work directly with top prospects to understand their GTS needs. Provide Consultative Sales approach to identifying client needs/objectives for cash management needs.
- Cross-sell existing treasury clients the suite of products within GTS.
- Meet with prospects/recent wins for various products, such as International accounts, CashPro Payments, global Liquidity, etc. to introduce the wider GTS product set.
- Provide product expertise and GTS Platform differentiation to support Sales officers.
- Oversee Pipeline activity of Treasury Sales team in your territory; follow up on key deals and opportunities.
- Exhibit a breadth of understanding of the business challenges facing the bank’s clients, as they relate to payments and receivables. An ability to translate this knowledge into smart business decisions and a robust sales pipeline and process that deepens client relationships and increases market share and wallet penetration.
- Display strong knowledge of the GTS business and be conversant in payment services across a broad range of industry sectors to become a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Ability to analyze, determine, drive and build solutions independently and proactively across the GTS teams.
- Strong grasp of critical principles of risk management, compliance and fraud as well as management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Economics, Accountancy etc.
Relationship Building and Influence
- Have the ability to converse and be impactful across all levels of a client’s organization, from junior accountants to CEO level.
- Strong influencing skills and a strong network of professional relationships within BofA and within industry.
- Analytical skills sufficient to identify trends/opportunities within financial/market data and to locate/interpret competitive information.
- Strong network of professional relationships within BofA and industry.
- Familiarity with Treasury Services/Global Transaction Services.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Package: Competitive base salary + discretionary incentive + benefits package
Application closing date: 4 April 2020
Application posting date: 4 March 2020
Learn more about this role