Responsible for all aspects of the credit management of Hedge Funds. This is a high-volume and fast-moving portfolio that utilizes a risk-based approach to drive revenue while maintaining appropriate credit risk disciplines.
• Credit analysis: Participate in initial and ongoing due diligence of HFs. Perform quantitative and qualitative credit assessment, setting internal ratings and recommending credit limits
• Initial margin calculation: Determine initial margin (IM) and evaluate transactional risks associated with OTC and exchange traded derivatives, securities financing and structured trades
• Trade approval: Hold delegated approval authority to approve trading floor request (OTC derivatives) or to make recommendations to higher authority levels.
• Relationship management: Build strong working relationship with external HF clients, internal business partners including Sales, Structuring & Trading, Risk counterparts, Legal and Audit Function
• Risk monitoring: Undertake regular exposure analysis including internal stress testing and IM backtesting. Monitoring of performance and AUM flow data received from HFs
• Trading documentation: Liaise with Legal and client in negotiating ISDA, CSA, GMRA etc.
• Portfolio reviews: Preparation of portfolio reports and reviews, including analysis of OTC and F&O exposures, any counterparties of concern and other pertinent risk issues.
Required Job Skills
• 2+ years of experience covering Hedge Funds or Financial Institutions. Counterparty Credit experience will be considered as an advantage.
• Strong credit risk analysis comprising risk-based and conclusion-oriented analytical skills and an ability to defend a point of view. A particular interest in funds is recommended
• Knowledge of issues relating to industry risk, transaction risk, an awareness of country risk factors, reputation risk, and operational risk; keen interest to learn
• Good communication skills, both written and oral - ability to be concise and with attention to accuracy and detail; ability to influence business partners and stakeholders
• Good interpersonal skills and team player with a proactive attitude and ability to think independently and laterally
• Able to quickly absorb and follow credit policies and procedures; demonstrated ability to continuously learn and adapt with a proactive work ethic.
• Experience and knowledge of financial traded products to include FX, Equities & Credit Derivatives
• Strong work organizational skills with an ability to priorities and work under pressure to ensure commitment deadlines are met. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team is essential;
• Strong technical skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Can be filled as a band 6 or band 5
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.