Responsibility for underwriting and credit risk management of activities and exposures originated within the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) framework. The product focus is Tax Equity investments and debt underwriting activities. The ESG initiative represents a significant and growing business with significant transaction flow, transaction complexity, and operational risk. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participation in underwriting / approval / monitoring / credit risk management of numerous complex structured credit transactions in the solar, wind or other sectors related to ESG or other tax equity activities from non ESG initiatives which may arise from time to time. Focus includes Residential, Industrial and Commercial and Community projects.
• Due diligence of third party asset managers (including their underwriting and servicing capabilities)
• Understanding of cash flow modelling, accounting and tax equity investment concepts
• Understanding of technical documents, project completion risks, vendor/equipment approval process
• Guiding production of regular and ad hoc reporting, including regular review of ongoing individual trade/portfolio surveillance data
• Communication with senior business and risk management personnel on specific transactions and key market developments
• In coordination with business units and senior risk management, establishing and maintaining underwriting policies/procedures and limit frameworks, including underwriting/investment and portfolio guidelines
• Working with Credit Review, Audit, Finance, and other support partners internally, as well as with external regulators
Candidate will have significant exposure to Global Markets personnel including Trading / Structuring / Sales, as well various support partners including Legal, Middle Office, Finance, Operations, Market Risk, Compliance, Accounting Policy, and Tax. Candidate must be comfortable working on transactions in a fast-paced capital markets environment.
• 5+ years of experience in credit risk management, structuring, trading, and/or origination roles
• Experience reviewing Tax Equity structures including review of terms, investment return analysis, stress testing, operating documents and ongoing monitoring
• Ability to manage significant deal volume in a fast-paced environment and products with heavy regulatory oversight
• Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of risk, support, and business partners
• Proficiency with Bloomberg, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, modelling concepts, along with ability to quickly learn new programs and applications
• Understanding of derivative and/or structured lending products and associated documentation
• Willingness/desire to improve and/or streamline processes
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields. CFA/FRM or other professional qualification will be highly preferred
• Candidate should exhibit strong personal drive, individual initiative, a sense of urgency, and responsiveness, with a desire to grow, learn, and take on increasing levels of responsibility
• Formal bank credit training or equivalent preferred
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.