At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals and businesses across the country. Each day, we connect with 67 million clients through a growing specialist workforce and our world-class digital platform. With each relationship and connection, we’re looking to provide care and guidance for our clients when they need us most – whether they’re just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement. If you’re interested in growing a long-term career in finance, passionate about developing strong relationships with clients, looking to enhance your professional credentials by earning an industry license, and wanting to learn more about markets, trading and investments, the Merrill Financial Services Representative is the ideal role for you.
The Financial Services Representative (FSR) is a foundational role designed to prepare you for your long-term career growth with Bank of America and Merrill. Preparation for the role starts with best-in-class training from our award-winning Academy; along with hands-on practice and personalized coaching to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors you’ll need to be successful. As an FSR, you’ll work in a phone-based environment from a Merrill Contact Center. Your responsibilities include a focus on service to sales with existing Merrill clients, by providing exceptional client care, growing client relationships, and guiding clients with needs-based solutions that will support their financial goals. The exposure, on-going support and feedback you’ll receive from leaders, managers and peers will help you determine the best roles and career paths to empower you to achieve your professional goals.
The Academy’s Licensing Program provides you with the coaching and guidance you’ll need to obtain your industry licenses (Security Industry Essentials SIE, Series 7 and Series 66 licensing). These credentials, along with your demonstrated determination and client focus, may allow you to advance into many roles within Bank of America and Merrill, including licensed roles in Specialized Trade and Deepening, Advice Delivery, Sales or Relationship Management.
We’ll help you
• Develop the knowledge and skills you need to deliver world-class client care through the award-winning Bank of America Academy.
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from academy managers who are invested in your success.
• Build your knowledge of core banking and investment solutions and connect clients to all of the solutions we provide.
• Develop techniques to confidently engage with clients by telephone.
• Have an opportunity to earn your Security Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66 licenses though structured lessons, in-depth online resources, and on-site coaching while also maintaining the opportunity to earn variable compensation.
• Continue to learn and grow in a culture where growth and career advancement are a priority.
As a Financial Services Representative, you can look forward to
• Becoming a licensed and registered representative who is able to trade stocks, bonds and other investment instruments for clients ranging from casual investors to high net worth and active traders.
• Working in a well-compensated, highly collaborative environment.
• The opportunity to earn additional quarterly incentive compensation based on various referral metrics.
• Growing client relationships by understanding needs and presenting services and solutions offered throughout Merrill and Bank of America.
We’re a culture that
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Is client-focused with a passion for excellence and a positive team attitude.
• Is self-motivated and goal-oriented, with the ability to multitask in a fast-moving, performance-based environment.
• Has the ability to identify clients’ needs and find proper solutions to meet those needs by referring sales opportunities to specialist and sales teams.
• Is an effective communicator with an aptitude for sales and relationship management.
• Has strong computer skills.
• Is prepared to pass licensing exams – Security Industry Essentials (SIE) and Series 7 and Series 66.
• Wants to establish a long-term career in the financial services industry at a fast-growing company that rewards hard work and dedication.
• Is ambitious, disciplined, hardworking, resilient and willing to learn.
• A bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years of experience in a performance-based environment.
• The Security Industry Essentials (SIE) or other financial services licenses and interest in pursuing the Series 7, and/or the Series 66 licenses.
• Leadership capabilities.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Our horseshoe-shaped campus is located in this quaint, historic tree-lined borough that’s a short drive to scenic parks, charming vineyards and Princeton University.