Gather market information & perform more complex product analyses on assigned products, manage product profitability & monitor financial performance, make recommendations for product enhancements & prepare necessary justification to support product changes. Competencies required include market analysis/research focus, in-depth knowledge of products, a Bachelors degree, & 2-5 years related experience.
The Payments Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Payment Compliance and Product Execution team as well as Bank of America enterprise goals by driving compliance with Payment Network (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) rules and regulations. This role will manage Merchant and Acquirer level Payment Network compliance programs. The Payment Compliance Analyst will be responsible for building strong relationships with each of the Payment and Debit Networks to help facilitate remediation of compliance issues and influence rule changes. The person filling this role will also be a subject matter expect on Payment and Debit Network rules with internal stakeholders, merchant clients, senior and executive leadership. This role will be accountable to build and maintain processes, procedures designed to ensure compliance with Bank of America enterprise compliance and operating requirements
- Demonstrate subject matter expect on Payment Network and Debit Network Acquiring Rules and Regulations.
- Able to interpret and communicate existing and newly implemented Merchant and Acquirer level compliance obligations to clients and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with the Payment and Debit Networks to help influence decisions, promote waiver requests / Fee and Fine suspensions and advocate for rule changes
- Lead engagement with merchant compliance violation remediation
- Manage Payment Network excessive fraud and chargeback / dispute monitoring programs and provide internal cross-functional partners and clients with guidance on fraud and chargeback / dispute remediation strategies and tools.
- Management of Payment Network Compliance Programs (DCC, Data Quality, Duplicate Edits, MCC, Card Acceptance Mark, Excessive fallback, force posting, etc.)
- Engage in the compilation, validation and submission of Payment Network Quarterly Reporting
- Support development of international merchant acquiring operations and provide guidance on international Payment and Debit Network rules, operating requirements and market specific standards Payment and Debit Network BIN and ICA Licensing and management
- Development and maintenance of Payment and Debit Network Compliance Programs processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of Compliance Performance Reporting
Required Education, Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years Payment Network and Debit merchant acquiring experience
- Detailed understanding of the Payment and Debit Network Rules, Regulations and merchant and Acquirer compliance obligations
- Strong Data analysis skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Concisely and clearly communicate persuasive messages to clients, internal stakeholders, senior leaders, executives as well as the Payment and Debit Networks
- Strong team player that openly collaborates with others and demonstrates a willingness to constructively share and receive feedback, while remaining open to others ideas
- Strong MS Office skills with high proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other industry related field
Preferred Education, Skills and Expertise
- 10+ years Payment and Debit Network Merchant Acquiring experience
- 5+ years managing Payment and Debit Network Merchant and Acquirer Compliance Programs
- Expert level Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role