Overview* (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Technology Infrastructure (TI), part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world
The Tech Lead role is to provide expert technical solutions to the end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal IT infrastructure performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance , VIP servicing and support for management events -where required.
- Managing the relationship with business leaders at site to understand their business strategy and business requirements to help them deliver the same
- Manage the VDI setup and systems for availability, patches and service offerings
- Be a Tech expert resolving issues as quickly as possible
- Provide technology expertise and thought leadership with an emphasis on desktop & VDI technologies (Windows Operating System, Baseline productivity software, Security configurations, Backend infra to manage the desktop deployment, software packaging / deployment), and operational excellence
- Assist with identifying, developing, and leading innovation initiatives. This will include involvement in technology improvement and deployment, researching new technologies and/or new applications of existing technologies that deliver new capabilities/value to the business
- Refine and maintain policies, standards, processes, systems, and measurements that enable the organization to achieve operational SLAs with respect to service performance, availability, security, risk, and compliance
- Responsible for executive support and escalation
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Responsible to coordinate with core Infrastructure team for seamless delivery and best practice sharing
- Prepare weekly/monthly status reports and management presentations
- Manage vendor and customer relationships associated with areas of responsibility
- Responsible for Capacity planning, Asset governance and Inventory at site
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Technology support components like End user support, Helpdesk, Networking, Server and Virtualization technologies
- 2+ years real time experience managing or supporting in the IT industry with relevant certifications and degrees
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive operational and process improvements
- Strong presentation skills are required, as this position will closely interact with the Clients, customers, and various levels of management.
- Strong ability to foster teamwork within a collaborative culture
- Must possess a strong ability to multitask simultaneous management and team escalations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Proven track record of successful people and vendor management
- BE / B Tech (Technical 4 year degree)
- ITIL and MCSE, CCNA certification will be added advantage
- 2 to 4 years of related IT technologies and End user operations work experience
- Collaborative approach ability to work well with others and communicating effectively
- Problem solving strengths ability to deal effectively with problems or questions posed by our clients sometimes this will involve understanding their systems and processes as well as our suppliers and data in order to find solutions
- Good organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple tasks within a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Financial services experience preferred. Relentless sense of urgency, strong intellectual horsepower. Build and establishes credibility and value-add with the business and is respected in both business and Technology organization.
- Preferably Microsoft Certified Professional and ITIL
- Advanced Excel
- 9x5 (Rotational)
- 7 am to 4 pm / 2 pm to 10 pm
* Mandatory Fields
Learn more about this role