Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a non-bank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Global Markets Operations &Middle Office provides operations support to the Global Markets Business of BOAML. Key Business activities include back office and middle office operations related to securities, derivatives, futures, options, currencies (fx) and commodities. Key functions include Trade Processing & settlement, Inventory Management, Cash Management, Asset Services, Collateral Management, Reconciliation, and Client & Product Data. This role is part of Global Markets Operations and Middle office (GMOMO) – Transaction Reporting Operations
Transaction Reporting Operations (TR Ops) sits within Global Banking and Markets Operations (GMOMO), which provides controlled and cost effective post-trade processes and support.
TR Ops is responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all transaction reports in scope. The global team, which is based in the UK, US and India, covers 30+ transaction reporting obligations across key Regulations (e.g. EMIR, MiFID, CFTC).
To help maintain control standards and provide scalability to cope with existing and new regulatory requirements, TR Ops is functionally aligned:
- Submission Control: The team monitors daily submissions and swiftly deals with pre-/post submission errors.
- Enhanced Quality Assurance: The team carries out dip tests and thematic deep-dives for quality assurance purposes.
- Remediation: The team operates cross-functionally. Any issues identified are remediated and where required, affected transactions will be back-reported.
- Initiatives: The team operates cross-functionally and considers any potential impact of changes resulting from new trades, products or regulation on their transaction reporting obligations. * Delegated Reporting: This is a dedicated client-facing team to support the bank’s delegated reporting service. * Governance: The team provides a centralized risk, control and governance framework.
- Delegated Reporting: This is a dedicated client-facing team to support the bank’s delegated reporting service.
- Governance: The team provides a centralized risk, control and governance framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Regulatory Transaction Reporting Operations team, working in the Submission Control function. The role is primarily focused on remediating exceptions received from trade repositories that provide the bank’s transaction reports to regulatory bodies globally. The candidate will have the opportunity to undertake problem-solving and project management activities that impact all the firm’s key business lines and products. There is also the opportunity to work with myriad business partners’ pan-region, including the Front Office, Compliance and Technology.
- Exceptions Management: Monitor and resolve pre- and post-submission transaction reporting errors across global jurisdictions (e.g. EMIR, MIFID, Dodd Frank).
- Report Submission: Perform processes and controls to successfully submit all non-automated reports within scope (including Primary Dealer, Bank of England and Bank of Italy reporting).
- Issue Management: Investigate issues and carry out root cause analysis; escalate regulatory breaches to senior management in a timely fashion as required. Partner with key stakeholders within TR Ops and across the organization (including Front Office, Technology and Compliance) to resolve issues.
- Remediation & Back-Reporting: Investigate issues and carry out root cause analysis. Define remediation requirements. Manage remediation effort and associated back-reporting effort through to resolution.
- Management Information: Produce and disseminate function-related MI as required and provide insightful commentary and analysis.
- Query Management: Conduct data analysis to assist in responding to internal, client and regulator enquiries
- Change Management: Conduct successful user acceptance testing (UAT) and participate in business readiness activities to implement internal and external changes affecting transaction reporting.
- Process Improvements: Drive the continuous improvement of processes and controls in order to bring reporting in line with non-financial regulatory reporting (NFRR) global standards
- Education* Commerce Graduate
- Certifications If Any - Project Management, operational excellence
- Experience Range* 4 to 7 Years
Mandatory Skills *
- Strong understanding of the regulatory trade and transaction reporting landscape (especially UK / EU / US regulatory bodies and requirements)
- Familiar with key regulations covered by TR Ops
- Experience of working in Banking MO, Operations or other relevant functions
- Experience in regulatory reporting processes, ideally involving testing or quality assurance of regulatory reports
- Familiar with key trade flow components: how trades are booked, cleared, captured, consumed by the reporting systems, processed, submitted to the regulatory / repository)
- Familiar with the following products covered by regulatory reporting obligations
- Product specific knowledge inside / outside of transaction reporting operations
- Experience in key transaction reporting systems and how they interact with each other
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in SharePoint Project / Programme Management Experience
- Experience in managing small / medium-size / large projects Stakeholder / Client Management
- Experience in managing cross-functional senior stakeholders
- Is organizationally savvy; knows how to make connections across geographies, businesses and hierarchies to get things done
- Exhibits attention to detail
- Problem-Solving Mindset
- Communicates effectively (both in writing and when speaking) using clear, concise and simple language
- Is able to communicate and present complex issues in simple & meaningful terms
- Works constructively with teammates to resolve disagreements and accomplish team goals
Work Timings* 13:30 to 22:30
Job Location* Gurugram
Learn more about this role