About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America is an equal opportunities employer.
The Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Markets Technology. The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group closely interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
The successful candidate will join a global team based in several locations whose primary focus will be on providing support for the Futures & Options and OTC Clearing line of business.
- The candidate will have direct interaction with the front office and back office business users in Asia
- Partnering with MAPS production support teams based in Asia, EMEA and the US to drive operational consistency across the globe.
- Technical hands-on and be able to perform within a busy and pressurized environment.
- Provide day-to-day application support which includes answering user queries, monitoring applications, reviewing and planning of system changes and server upgrades
- Interact closely with regional and global business users and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Drive the incident management process to ensure timely update to business, get the right people for root cause investigation, Troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts who are not in the region to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
- The role will require flexibility to work within shifts during the business day
- Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours such as on weekends and attend night calls according to business needs.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential production problems in all supporting systems and escalate them to relevant parties if necessary. Suggest improvements to existing processes for support both locally and globally
- 5+ years working experience in a similar support role in investment banking environment.
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology (ITIL certifications foundation or above preferred)
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows
- Strong scripting and automation skills including Shell, Perl, and python
- Competent knowledge of Databases (like MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase etc.) and Messaging Middleware
- Working experience of ITRS Geneos or similar monitoring product.
- Knowledge and experience working on Ansible (Core/Engine/Tower) is advantageous
- Business knowledge of Futures & Options and OTC Clearing is advantageous
- Good verbal and communication skills are necessary, able to work with development and support teams across different regions
- A good team player but also able to work independently with strong problem solving skills and work well in matrix management environments.
Learn more about this role